NEDA'S Solutions Through Advocacy and Reform (STAR) Program
A Program for State and Federal Advocacy
NEDA established the STAR Program to legislatively advocate for awareness, education, early intervention and prevention programs, funding for research, and improved access for the treatment of eating disorders. STAR is driven by passionate volunteers who lobby for change by speaking with legislators, mobilizing members, and forging alliances with other groups who share our vision. You don’t need experience to make a difference! Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Passionate and dedicated volunteers bring about change. Your voice and actions can make a difference in the fight against eating disorders. Interested in becoming a volunteer in NEDA's STAR Program? Click here to apply now!
NEDA's Action Center makes it easy for you to get involved and use your voice for change. Help us advocate on behalf of those with eating disorders and their families! View some of our current actions below, or visit our Action Center to see all past and current actions.
State and Federal Advocacy Updates
- California Bill Addresses Eating Disorders in the Modeling Industry
- Victory - New York State Improves Access to Care!
- Health Subcommittee Reviews Key Eating Disorders Prevention Legislation!
- Massachusetts Campaign Takes Dietary Supplements to Task.
- Major Legislative Victory in Missouri!
- Advocates Across the Country Raise Awareness!
- Exciting Legislative Victory in New York!
- Another Legislative Victory in Missouri!
- NEDA's Pennsylvania Lobby Day A Success
To learn more about past and current efforts, please view our STAR Updates.