Additional Eating or Feeding Disorders
Avoidant/Restrictive Food Intake Disorder
- Failure to consume adequate amounts of food, with serious nutritional consequences, but without the psychological features of anorexia nervosa.
- The persistent eating, over a period of at least one month, of substances that are not food and do not provide nutritional value.
- Regurgitation of food that has already been swallowed. The regurgitated food is often re-swallowed or spit out.
Unspecified Feeding or Eating Disorder
- When behaviors do not meet full criteria for any of the other feeding and eating disorders, but still cause clinically significant problems.
- Alternatively, when clinician is unable to assess whether an individual meets criteria for another disorder, for example, when there is a lack of information in an emergency situation.